Thursday, November 13, 2008

Take that Pottery Barn

I LOVE Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids. There is only one problem...I'd have to be a gazillionaire to afford everything I want.

So, here's my solution:

COPY!
I may be breaking some copyright laws...OH WELL! Everytime I read the descriptions and then look at the price, I think "I could make that for a fraction of the price." Clarke thinks I am crazy, but I quickly remind him how much I am saving him by making it rather than buying it.

Here's my latest project...the leaf garland. The "Give Thanks" banner was in last year's Pottery Barn Kids magazine.

Here's mine ($3.00)

Here's theirs ($59.00)

Here's my next two projects for Christmas:


The present garland in the background

The candy cane garland ($12.00...not too bad, but you could probably make it for $2.00)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

way cute! i'm a copier too! i love to look in the pottery magazines and online just for ideas. we can only afford things that are on CLEARANCE clearance. and sometimes they're STILL too expensive. we poor folk will just have to stick to our creativity.

megan said...

LOVE your blog and your great ideas! How are you? Hope all is well!

Laraine said...

I love them. I want to copy you. I missed Lilly's birthday? I'm so sad.

Laraine