Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth!


Last week, Clarke and I took the kids on our first ever "us only" vacation. Since we usually vacation with either my family or Clarke's family, we decided to do an experiment and go somewhere, just the 5 of us.
It was a huge SUCCESS!
We decided to take the kids to Disneyland. It had been a few years since we had last gone and felt they were at great ages to go. The look on their faces was PRICELESS! To actually meet Mickey Mouse himself was beyond their wildest dreams!
We spent five full days together, no computer, no phone calls, no callings, no therapy, no school, no interruptions. It was fantastic! To see my children so full of wonder and excitment was worth every dollar we spent (and we spent a lot...thanks overtime!)
I don't care how many times I have been to Disneyland, there is just something about that place that makes me so happy.
P.S. Disneyland offers children with Autism a special needs pass that gets the child and their family to the front of every line! That does add to the magic, don't ya think!?!

No comments: